Friday, August 3, 2012

Slovenian rivers!

Slovenia is a country of mountains, forests, but also a country of (mostly) crystal clear rivers and streams. Since a very young age, I have always enjoyed jumping and swimming in cold water, which is probably why they named me "frog" in my scout group. This attribute I have definitely nourished over the years. To celebrate Leon's return from Moscow, we decided to explore the Iška and Zala canyon, which are located south of Ljubljana's basin. It was a great adventure, a lot of swimming and even a taste of climbing.

On the next weekend, Ana and I decided to pay a visit to Kolpa, where we already spent a weekend two years ago. This time we canoed its upper part, which is quite lively and wild. Kolpa has more than a 100 kilometers on the Slovenian-Croatian border, and we have a lot of sections still to explore.










Ljubljana's mayor (Zoran) has promised, that in a few years, Ljubljanica will be clean enough to swim in. This is a little hard to imagine, but definitely something I'm looking forward to.

No comments: