Saturday, November 7, 2015

One day in the life of..









Although I have recently bought an airplane ticket to Georgia (trekking next summer with the boys), I am not engaged in any spectacular adventures. At the same time I am happy to announce that Ana is expecting another baby in January! This means family is currently the main focus - which brings me to the topic of this post. Before I went to sleep on Sunday (1-Nov-2015), I thought to myself: "Today was a perfect day". My mother will charge me with bragging, but I would just like to document my perception of time well spent. I probably dont have to mention that most of the weekends have only a few of the elements presented below:
  • 6:30 - I wake after 8 hours of quality sleep
  • 6:35 - breakfast: it starts to dawn and finally there is no fog in Ljubljana
  • 6:45 - running with Artač: we explore new terrain and watch the sunrise on top of Golovec
  • 7:45 - breakfast with Ana
  • 8:00 - Zoja is surprisingly still sleeping - we take advantage and practice Love
  • 8:45 - Zoja wakes and after another breakfast all three of us are dancing to music (Maček Muri)
  • 9:30 - we start assembling Ikea furniture for the kids room - Zoja is very "helpful"
  • 11:00 - my neighbor assists to move / connect a few electric cables in the room
  • 12:00 - Ana cooks one of her quick specialities: salmon in foil with mashed peas
  • 13:00 - Zoja goes to sleep and we finalize the room
  • 15:00 - Zoja wakes up, we relax on the couch
  • 15:30 - we take a long walk next to Ljubljanica river - Zoja cycles like crazy
  • 16:45 - back home and getting ready to hit the birthday party of Ana's cousin
  • 17:30 - party: fabulous food, great atmosphere and interesting people
  • 18:30 - Zoja is playing "Monkey" with her favourite buddy - grandfather Lojze
  • 19:00 - I am having philosophical conversations after my forth glass of wine (Ana is pregnant and driving)
  • 19:30 - going home - Zoja is surprisingly not resisting and waves the company goodbye
  • 20:30 - after the standard routine, Zoja goes to sleep
  • 21:00 - watching TV with Ana
  • 21:30 - evening reading (A Short History of Nearly Everything - Bill Bryson)
  • 22:30 - sleep!
One day in the life of Janvit Bajt. Nothing special, yes... but happiness is a felicitous combination of simple moments.

1 comment:

Mrini said...

Janvit, its a very beautiful and honest account I have ever read. Indeed, happiness lies not in the perfection but in the simplest of pleasures! :) I must admit Zoja has really grown up into a cute helpful munchkin :)