Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sella Ronda Express!

Early ski season in Dolomites (Italy) is the time when the prices are low, the ski slopes are empty, FIS competitions takes place... and it's the time and place that we enjoy the most. Ski resorts have not attracted me lately and I have become very reluctant to mass tourism, however one ski week in Italy each year is a must! This time the team had quite a different profile, but it proved to be a great mix. It was my father, my little sister Adriana and of course my better half - Ana. Adriana made her first steps on skies, Ana made a skiing-comeback after 8 years and my father continued his "old school" skiing style. All mixed together, we created an unforgettable winter vacation. We stayed in Val Gardena, but skiied also in Val Di Fassa, Alta Badia and Arraba/Marmolada - which are linked around the Sella Ronda (big mountain massif). Next year, we are definitely coming back.. and until then, Slovenian (mountain) playgrounds - here I am!

 

No comments: