Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Biking around Krim..

Finally came the time to store away the skies for a summer nap and wipe-off the dust from our bicycles. Well actually the two sports are quite similar.. both are very physical, take scene in the mountains, are way fun, full of adrenaline and most important - you can spend time with your girl or your friends. My weapon of choice is still the legendary Merida mountain-bike, which I got for my 17th birthday from my father:) Its minor health issues sometimes remind me that I should perhaps start thinking of a new one, however, nostalgy is not allowing it yet:)

 
We had a German holiday this monday at work, so Ana and I quickly plotted a biking adventure around the hills of Krim. We started at my place and then continued past: Gornji Ig, Rakitna, Beč, Padež, Pokojišče and back down to Borovnica where we ate like kings:) There was a little bit of everything - adrenaline, sweat, dirt roads, thick forests and forgotten villages! I honestly admit that after 62 kilometers of biking and a 1000m climb.. I realized that my biking form still needs improvement. But no worries of course, the season is still young:)

 

No comments: