Monday, July 27, 2009

Triglav - undressed!

Summer has finally won the battle for the Alps and erased most of the snow, while I was glad to find out that the Triglav glacier has expanded a little - thanks to a long and harsh winter. You could practically ski at least 300m of vertical drop from the north face of the massif until the end of the glacier:) Anyways, I have put mountains to the side a little in the last two months, while I was doing quite a lot of other sports of less epic proportions - badminton, running, cycling, basketball, etc. Ana has scolded my winter nostalgia quite a few times, saying that "all I think of, is mountains and snow!" :)

 
Triglav (2864) is the king of the Slovenian Alps and the symbol of our nation and shows its magnificence even in the summer time. Yesterday, it was full of alpinists, mountaineers, hikers and not to forget the "Check" tourists with running sneakers and water-battles in their hands. Our team consisted of my coworkers: Aleš, Mitja, Maja and two other friends - Andraž (Maja's boyfriend) and Damjan. It was a beautiful cloudless morning and we reached the top in around 5 hours - at great tempo. Except for the fact that I forgot my sandwiches at home, we had a great time and decided this is definitely not the last time! Damjan and I finished the tirp swimming in Bled and sunbathing with beers in our hands.

 

No comments: