Sunday, June 13, 2010

A quarter century capitalized by sports!

About two weeks ago I celebrated a quarter century of my life and 4-day merry-making was quite proportionate to the gravity of the event. First was a warm-up picnic with my co-workers, then a massive party with friends, followed by my family celebration and finally an easy Sunday lunch with Ana's grandmother, who celebrates her birthday on the same day as me. I had a great time on all four events; however, I can say I was a little beaten at the end.

 
After finalizing a few academic obligations, it was time to leave the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy the mountains and the company of Ana. We went cycling in one of my favorite valleys - Završnica, that twists and winds between Begunjščica (2060m) and Stol (2236m). We fantasized about idyllic summerhouses that we saw on the way, and I guess dreams are what make (us) people happy. We left our bikes at Žaga (920m) and hit the slopes of Begunjščica, until we reached Roblekov dom (1657m). There is a famous country song about this hut: "Na Roblek bom odšel.." and now I realized that it certainly stands up to the standards set in the song. We enjoyed a long afternoon of resting, sunbathing, reading newspaper.. and after a warm goulash soup, we slept like babies. Next morning we descended back to the valley and biked all the way to Ljubljana, where Ana suddenly concluded that she is hungry like a lion. A Pakistanian kebab at the railway station was just in place:)

 

No comments: